This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal information through your use of our website
and any services we provide to you in person.
Please be aware that we aim to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please ask for your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
- get in touch with us via the contact form on our website, through email correspondence or by telephone
- sign up for our newsletter
- complete our room hire application form
- provide feedback or a testimonial
- enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey
Third parties or publicly available sources:
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as:
- technical data from our website host, Zoho (based outside the EEA)
- analytical data from Google, Facebook and Instagram (all based outside the EEA)
The third parties mentioned above abide by their own privacy policies which we encourage you to refer to if you are in any doubt about the data they may share with us. Also, please refer to paragraph 5 below for more information about those third parties which not based within the EEA (European Economic Area).
3. How do we use your personal information?
We may use your information to:
- carry out our obligations of providing a service
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services
- fulfil our own legal obligations for financial and tax purposes
- improve our services, website, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Using the marketing automation system, MailChimp, we email regular newsletters to those who have signed up to our mailing list. These newsletters include updates about our services, events and what’s happening at the Holistic Health Centre. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters from us you have the right to unsubscribe at any time and can do so by clicking the 'unsubscribe'
link at the bottom of any of our emails or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Do we share your personal information with any third party?
- service providers who provide IT and system administration services
- professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
- third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets
We do not sell, rent, or lease your personal data to third parties. However, we may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in paragraph 3 above:
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Some of our third party service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- we will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- where we use providers which are based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the European Union and the US; or
- where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
6. Have we put data security measures in place?
Yes, we have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed (e.g. password/passcode protection, anti-virus and backup software on our business computer and telephone, paper documentation kept in a locked filing cabinet, etc.). In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. How long do we retain your data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
For legal and tax purposes, we have to keep basic information about our clients/customers for at least six years after they cease being clients/customers.
In some circumstances, you can ask for your data to be deleted (please see paragraph 8 below for further information).
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
8. What are your legal rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- request access to your personal data
- request correction of your personal data
- request erasure of your personal data
- object to processing of your personal data
- request restriction of processing your personal data
- request transfer of your personal data
- right to withdraw consent
You can see more about these rights on the ICO’s website
, and if you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, then please email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
9. Does our website include any third party links?
This website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, please take a moment to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
11. How often do we review this policy?
We keep this policy notice under regular review and it is accessible at the foot of any newsletter you receive from us. This policy notice was last updated on 26th May 2018.